Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cenk Uygur's post "Nonviolence means avoiding not o…" on WhoSay

Cenk Uygur's post "Nonviolence means avoiding not o…" on WhoSay

My comment after the article:
I suggest the key words here are "avoid" and "refuse"; they are words of choice.  Dr. King was advocating that gift of the Spirit on one hand and fruit on the other, that Scriptures  in all books say we must cultivate, i.e., self-control.  If we searched ourselves constantly from the standpoint of the onlooker as well as the do-er, we could see that work out in all of our waking hours (carrying over into our dreams and visions). 


Whatever I should hate, for example, I might as well shoot it; I'd value it so lowly as to not be much worth the bullet; therefore,  I would have no remorse because I would not care for it in the first place.  Hate's blood is cold; hate's wrath is hot.   It would be so easy then to choose hate and violence, because I would see myself as that, thus I would act it out.  In the end, I would become that - by choice.


But if I avoid hate and refuse to act anti-socially toward anyone or anything, as did Dr. King and every other Son of God he ever sent, then I' would NOT be choosing to be a violent person, but rather, a fair-minded one, with love resting in the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment